Saturday, August 11, 2012

adding a few things to my diet

I have kids I have a husband and I have a disease and a house to clean etc. said husband if someone mention health food around him will turn green and run for the hills. He is not a healthy eater and will never be, I have come to accept this and just slowly add things I know are good for him into our dinner's like salad, he never ate them before now we have them several times a month. Not a huge improvement but hey I congratulate myself on that little dose of improvement. I'm going to be adding a few things to my own diet to see if there is any marked improvement in the inflammation and this comes after drinking two glasses of green ginger root tea, today has been an awful day I have decided to stop taking the pain meds and saving what few I have left so needless to say I'm stiff as a board and a complete grouch all day. I researched natural anti-inflammatory  herbs etc. green tea and ginger being on them I combined the two and yes there is improvement not like Eureka pain is gone but a marked difference in my trunk.

fifteen minutes ago I was prowling the kitchen and looking for something to snack on and upon finding nothing really appealing I was about to settle for the homemade apple pie I made today when it occurred to me that although I realistically will not change my diet again I had no real marked difference except hunger before on the no starch diet, maybe I can add a few things to help it along. So I made myself some eggs and combined it with about a clove of garlic which is also a natural anti-inflammatory. I think I might be onto something here, I think it's a bit unrealistic to set out to change your entire diet and force everyone around you to only eat crap, and rabbit food, why not just add a couple things that obviously you can't survive off of alone but can benefit your body? we shall see however I feel a bit of a spark at this theory, like if it works maybe I should write a book except I have tried that a couple times and always dull out somewhere in the middle. Short attention span I think. I can only hope someone out there will run across this blog and it will be of some help to someone else trapped in this hellish disease.


No comments:

Post a Comment