Monday, September 3, 2012

steroid acne

I haven't posted in a couple of days due to the surfacing of a couple things that has slightly depressed and or worried me a little. I've learned that the flu like symptoms i felt could have actually turned really bad and would tell anyone reading this do not stop cold turkey it is actually life threatening as your adrenal glands could have completely shut down while on pred. Thank god I'm done with it, however the effects are still lingering and quite annoying, I have acne really really badly the kind that's under the skin and itches like mad and then hurts when u scratch it. Hot showers make all of the spots itch worse so my favorite pastime has turned into a scratch fest. I have been noticing pain in my right hip radiating down my leg and of course I'm worried it still hasn't full blown flared but I am definitely afraid.

I woke up this morning with a headache think it's due to too many pills at bedtime i took four the night before and woke up in alot less pain so figured five would surely take it all away right? wrong, too many has the opposite effect I guess everything hurt. I called in my ultrams today and took three already so it's still not really gone away. I rode my bike two times today hoping maybe tomorrow i will wake up and there will be no pain in my hips again. I have a theory it is either the garlic or the exercising thats keeping it out of my hips and the garlic gives me the nastiest gas. My poor husband gagged n ran away last night, i laughed so hard i almost pee'd good thing that poor man has a sense of humor.

I may be worried that the inflammation is coming back but I can still say I'm done with the pills I'm done with the injections give me pain pills sure the rest of it can be shoved where the sun don't shine. I'd rather go through my diet and exercise and call it good I'd rather not risk cancer I'd rather keep my hair I'd rather not develop some other horrible disease as a side effect of the drugs I'm still confident this is my best course of action and I'm still gonna have bad days evidently but my mood is still mostly positive. Although I have to say I think prednisone affected my moods so very much I dont feel the rage any more I don't get stressed over hardly anything and I like that so very much

No comments:

Post a Comment