Saturday, September 8, 2012

skin is slowly clearing

my legs were beginning to look a lot like someone with diabetes the skin was almost see through a couple weeks ago and I'm really happy to report that they r looking good. the bruises are gone and the scars that were purple have turned to a pink and look to be healing more and more. My face is still having some steroid acne spreading around it went from my chin to my forehead for some reason but even it is less and less. I woke up stiff and just kind of edgy today but not a whole lot of pain it was in the bottom right side of my ribcage and nothing sets my day off to the wrong start than waking up and not being able to take that first morning deep breathe. I took a shower and popped my pills and it faded pretty quickly. I love how after I take my pills I can put both my hands straight up and stretch a little I totally forgot how good it feels just to stretch your trunk. To be clear I still feel pain but on the pain scale it rarely goes above a two or three and before this it stayed at a seven or an eight, having been used to such a high amount of pain the almost tenderness I now feel is so easily ignored.

I am now trying to lose a few pounds as I have packed it on in the months since I've been on the prednisone twenty pounds or better I think I weighed in at 174 before I started pred and I'm now at 190. . . . .I'm hoping it falls off in no time but honestly I'm less stressed or determined about it than I am just enjoying my new found life. I still experience fatigue almost daily but from having a four and five year old constantly awake and running around nap time isn't something I could enjoy any ways. I have horrible self control when it comes to dieting I have a really hard time saying no to the kids fruit snacks and to the husband's lunch snack cakes, I go past the cabinet and I have to stop and look like something healthy is going to be in there.

I am still drinking the ginger root tea with a green tea bag in it and although it tastes like warm poo I have a thought that maybe it helps reduce my incessant need to munch. I have drank twice since I started my new therapy and it's almost like my body is totally rejecting it. I get so sick the next day I can't stand to hardly eat and this last time it took me till four in the afternoon to even get out of bed I had seven beers and spent the next day with a hangover so bad you would have thought I drank a fifth of whiskey. One of my biggest motivators to drink was the pain I always felt in my back and my ribs and ignoring it by the end of the day was impossible so I drank and almost on a daily basis. This is not something i would ever admit to the doctors with how much pain meds they had me on which by the way I have only taken like six ultrams in three weeks. before I could take six in a day and it wouldn't touch it it would dull it a little I quit smoking and I quit drinking and I'm trying to lose weight hell at this point if I wasn't so happy with how much I have improved I'd crack a joke about being nunish.

Even my marriage is improving, I think that is due to me having more patience and I'm not as exhausted as I was. Before I would take a nap and be in bed by the time he got off work at eleven so we barely saw each other now I rarely nap and I stay up with him to watch a movie almost every night. My cage of pain is lifted, my life is returning to my own and I wish there was some way I could shout the benefits of all of this to every person that has AS, I've suffered in silence and in so much pain for so long it's really hard for me to not reach out to the support pages that I am a part of and scream the benefits. I'm not naive I know this isn't the choice many would take, I know what I risk but it's worth the risk, before this my life was so painful I didn't look forward to my days and when I woke up there was so much pain I pushed myself to get things done and literally couldn't feel anything but the pain. My greatest hope is that the government makes it legal gives this relief to other who really need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment