Saturday, December 22, 2012

sleep eludes me

I've had roughly five and a half hours of sleep and the shooting pains in my shoulder and chest have rudely awakened me and no matter how I've tried the couch the recliner my sons bed I cannot go back to sleep. Pretty sure my shoulder is hurting because of something in my neck I have the urge to look down at the floor this morning my neck is so tight. I'm headed for a hot shower soon I've got to finish up my christmas shopping today and while sitting here grouchy and aggravated I always think about how much time I have before everyone else wakes up. How much time to allow the pain to just show through and not fight it off. Not that this is any better than pushing it away, but it does take less energy. On days like today I mentally prepare myself to be ready to smile and deal with it, my kids and my husband do not deserve to have a constantly grouchy woman in their lives. I use these precious moments to be fully aware of the aches and pains and to evaluate if they are normal amounts or not, so far yea there is pressure and irritation building in my right eye again but vision isn't blurry so should be good. Deep brathing makes my arm hurt all the way to my wrist so I must have pinched that damn nerve in my neck while I was sleeping. . .hopefully the shower will allow me to un pinch whatever it is.

Had the nerve to attempt to look up the mortality rate again. . . the only literature that I can find is in medical terminology which if I had the time to look up every big word would be so much easier to understand. I don't really need to know to much any ways, I'm sort of a procrastinator in case you cannot tell by the fat I still have shopping to do two days before christmas. ugh the fog is gonna be bad today I can already tell sleepiness is godawful even if I'm functioning my brain is on autopilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment